Monday, October 15, 2007

Chalk it Up to Thinning Ozone

I’m beginning believe those scientist who tell us the ozone layer in the sky is being eaten away by pollution. And I think the lack of ozone in our atmosphere is causing a very serious and negative effect on society—people’s behavior is becoming more and more absurd.

Take, for instance, some of the dog owners who live near me. There are strict rules here about keeping dogs on leashes, only letting your animal relieve itself in designated areas (areas that are marked with signage), and cleaning up after your dog after it does its business. Yet, mysteriously doggie “mines” keep piling up in my front yard.

Oh, these dog owners have leashes for their dogs. I know, I’ve seen the owners CARRYING them in one hand (unattached to the dog of course), a doggie poop bag in their other, but NO pooper scooper to be found anywhere on their person!

Another example of how the ozone deficiency is affecting our minds is an experience I had a while back. While attending a barber shop quartet performance, two ladies standing directly behind where I was sitting, talked out loud throughout the first half of the show. Thought I tried, it was very difficult to turn a deaf ear to their babble. Finally, when one of the ladies left, the chatter ceased. I guess “Heckle and Jeckle” figured that part of the pricy cost of admission included the privilege of hearing their voices compete with the beautiful harmony of national and international award-winning groups performing on stage.

Finally, I offer one last piece of evidence for my hypothesis. When living in the Ozark Mountains, there was some maintenance work being performed on part of a state highway. Traffic had to be rerouted, which is par for the course when road work is being done on a main artery of state roads. The only thing was, motorists were toured off of the highway onto a dead end street.

Now, this sounds hilarious unless you happened to have been one of the motorists stuck in the back log of traffic. This is especially true when several semi-trucks were added to the mix of stuck vehicles. Semis are not the easiest things to operate when it comes to backing up long, curvy detour roads.

What other rationale could there be other than the thinning of the earth’s ozone for the cause of these acts of bizarre conduct? It couldn’t be that we have become a self-centered, rude, and selfish people who no longer take pride in our work or care about other human beings. That would be too easy of an explanation, wouldn’t it?

Hopefully, through continual study of the earth’s atmosphere, scientist will better understand the ozone problem and will come up with ways to solve it. If they don’t, who knows just how berserk society may become?

In the meantime, I’ve got to let my dog out to do its thing on my neighbor’s lawn.

3 comments:
LZ Blogger said...
Doug ~ FUNNY STUFF! You're right... it couldn’t be that we have become a self-centered, rude, and selfish people who no longer take pride in our work or care about other human beings. That would REALLY be too easy of an explanation! I think Al Gore is working on a "Dog Crap Foot Print Exemption" so that "someone else" can take "his dog" out to crap on your lawn and it will THEN be OK with you. Of course someone will have to fly his G-5 there to do that... but he's got that one covered too! You mean that "Chicken Little" was RIGHT all along?Take care buddy! ~ jb///
Monday, August 27, 2007 3:42:00 PM EDT

cmk said...
If ONLY I had a dog so that I could give my neighbors the kinds of presents their dogs leave for me! And, it is bad enough during the summer, but in the spring, after all of the snow has melted, well......
Monday, August 27, 2007 9:23:00 PM EDT

Trudging said...
(-:
Monday, August 27, 2007 11:29:00 PM EDT

No comments: